We believe God has called us to be a vessel for Him to draw hurting people in the Bay Area to find healing and salvation.
What has God called us to do?
- To be used as a vessel to draw hurting people in the East Bay to Jesus for salvation and healing.
- We believe that we are called to do this.
“The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed”. Isaiah 61:1
Why River Recovery Church? What Makes Us So Special?
- Who would benefit? We all have hurts, habits and hang-ups that impact their lives. We all have hurt other people and people have hurt us. Many times these problems get out of control and mess up our lives. We need answers, but if we haven’t found them, we can get desperate. River Recovery Church is a place where we can find the answers we need. It doesn’t matter what the issue is. The answers are available and they are timeless, because they come from God. It doesn’t matter whether you believe in God or not. We just ask that you come and find out what He says and try it out. You have nothing to lose. If what He says works GREAT! You are on the road to healing. If you come away unconvinced the answers work, you haven’t lost anything except a little time.
- How would they benefit? People benefit by implementing what God says is true. At River Recovery Church we believe that God created the universe and everything in it. He knows how things are supposed to work. He is in the best position to fix things that are broken. God wants to do that. We just need to give Him a chance.
- What can they expect? Healing. One of Jesus’ favorite questions was, “What can I do for you?” Most people would reply, “I want to be healed”. Jesus always responded. Do you want healing? If your answer is “yes”, then ask Him and He will respond.
- What to do next? Come to a service! We meet every Sunday at 11:00 am, and offer Celebrate Recovery every Friday night at 7:00 p.m.
Our plan is simple:
- We invite people to come to the “River”.
- We seek people who are looking for answer to their problems but haven’t found them.
- We offer relevant solutions.
- We help people implement them.
We desire that the entire Bay Area is healed and saved.
We desire to love God and people (Great Command)
“Jesus replied, ‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and your entire mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your NEIGHBOR as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40
We desire to help those who are hurting (Great Compassion)
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.” Matthew 25:34-36
We desire to make disciples (Great Commission)
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20